1. Introductory Call
Persons: Client - Project Manager; Intterra - Account Manager
The goals of this meeting are:
- Introduction of Project Team members (Client and Intterra) – what to expect through onboarding, priorities and goals, roles and responsibilities, & discussion on competing projects.
- High-level walk-through of the onboarding process documentation and anticipating project timing.
- Discuss what is required to fill out and return the Technical Landscape Survey - Submit to: email@example.com and CC your Intterra Account Manager. This survey will determine what personnel are needed on the tech calls for data integration.
- Define your integration team – this will consist of individuals who knows the CAD or RMS data and someone who knows how to connect to the data (IT Support). In some cases, this may be the same person.
2. Technical Integration Kick-Off Meeting
Persons: Client - Project Manager, Data Analyst, GIS Lead; Intterra - Account Manager, Onboarding Specialist, GIS Lead
- Completed Technical Landscape survey delivered to Intterra
- Proactive review of the links below by the Client Technical Team is encouraged
This is a high-level meeting that concludes with one decision and homework for both parties. The goals of this meeting are:
- Review Intterra GIS Requirements document and answer any questions.
- Define how to set up the pipeline for your CAD (Operations Module) or RMS (Reporting & Analytics Module) data to flow into the Intterra Data Center. The following ingest methods are supported:
- Data Shipping App (DSA) is an installable agent developed by Intterra to perform differential queries against ODBC data sources and sent the data to Intterra's DC API. It is open source so your IT Administrators can be confident in its security. This type of integration is best suited for situations in which there is neither an existing webhooks architecture or an external API provided by the CAD or RMS system. Find out more here: Intterra Data Shipping Application (DSA)
- Direct API POST is a type of integration in which a client can choose to send data from CAD or RMS the Intterra DC API using their own solution, such as an existing webhook subscription provided by the CAD or RMS vendor. More information can be found here: Submit a POST request to the Intterra Data Center API, and here: Intterra Data Center API
- Data Runner is an Intterra-hosted way of scheduling API requests to a CAD or RMS system so that the data will be correctly formatted and sent to Intterra. This is optimal when a CAD or RMS system has an existing, secure API.
- Data Mailer is used for clients using ImageTrend or ESO RMS systems. This is a process where the client establishes a set of scheduled reports that are emailed to the Data Center.
- Additional information your team needs to complete the next steps:
- Review the Client Data Lookup Tables before the next meeting.
- First draft of the query to get the required and desired data elements from your CAD or RMS tables to ingest into the Intterra Data Center: this must be a collaborative effort. You know your data and we know ours. To facilitate this, please prepare a first draft of a query that extracts your data elements.
- In preparation for ongoing Technical Integration Meetings, please provide the following:
- Any field definitions that you have available from your CAD or RMS tables.
- Sample datasets from your CAD and/or RMS tables. We will discuss this requirement in the kick-off meeting.
3. Ongoing / Regular Technical Integration Meetings
Persons: Client IT Professionals (CAD, RMS, GIS Subject Matter Experts, etc); Intterra – Onboarding Specialist
Prerequisites: Completion of Action Items from the Technical Integration Kick-Off Meeting
An ongoing cadence of work sessions will be established to ultimately achieve all integration and onboarding requirements. Examples of activities to be performed include but are not limited to:
- Establish Connectivity between Organizations.
- Install DSA, applicable only if this is how you are piping data into the Intterra Data Center.
- Test and alter queries and assure data elements are all accounted for.
- Data Mapping
- Completion of Look Up Tables
- Ensure data is flowing in properly and diagnose any failures.
The Intterra Integration and Onboarding Team will lead and support the client throughout the process to achieve all goals.