The Incident Metrics Tool provides a dashboard to analyze the types and locations or hotspots of incidents within your critical areas. It's part of a suite of Performance tools that also includes the Unit and Incident Performance Tools, which focus on your history of response times. The primary value is that any/all staff can see the "what and where" of response information for better planning, safety analysis, creation of prevention programs, and service standards management.
New features are being phased - check out New features added to Performance Tools
The Incident Metrics Tool requires CAD integration. The tool is available in most Metro Intterra systems.
Using the Incident Metrics tool
To see the dynamic Incident Metrics display in Intterra, access the Incident Metrics Tool from the Tools Menu in Intterra (usually available in the Analytics Workspace).
- Adjust the parameters for range, jurisdiction, priorities, incident type, responses, and day-of-week, as needed for your analysis.
- If report parameters were adjusted, select Update (just below the parameter choices). NOTE: AVL data may take a couple of minutes to process, particularly for longer date ranges. Be patient.
- Select Show density map to display the data clusters occurring within the timeframe chosen. TIP: This may be more useful if you adjust the All Incidents pulldown menu to show all Fire, Explosion or all EMS, Rescue Call for a broader span of dates.
- Auto zoom (if left in the default ON mode) adjusts your view of the map to the results of your report query.
- The Map Legend is symbolized using Final NFIRS Code's first digit that identifies the NFIRS Group category, 1 - 9.