The Layers Menu displays all of the basemaps and layers of information available to you in Intterra. Additionally, you can easily identify which layers and sublayers are turned on or off and add your own data to your view.
New! Intterra now has the ability to group and 'nest' layers together that share a common theme. Simply press to open the list and to close it. Click here for more info...
- Manage Layers: Click to open the
- Manage Basemaps: Select the basemap
you would like to see in your system from
the from the dropdown list and set the
opacity using the slider. Click here for info.
- List of Layers: Layers that are on
have a blue bar on the left-hand side.
Your system is configured to have certain
layers on when you start. Click on a layer
to toggle it on or off. Additionally, if a layer tries to load and is unsuccessful, the user will be notified via a warning icon on that layer. NOTE: We
recommend that you have fewer than ten
layers on by default (any more will slow
the startup of your system).
- Sublayers: Click on the down
chevron symbol to the right of the layer
name to view sublayers and access the
layers Details and settings. Your system
configured to have certain sublayers on
when you start.
- If a sublayer is shaded out: This
indicates the layer is not visible at the
current zoom level. Also, see Why can't I see a
layer that I know I have turned
- Gear icon: Click the Gear icon
button to access Layers
Management (see next
- Add Layer: Click to add your
own map data to your view. See Add Layer Tool for more information.
Clicking the Gear icon (#6 above) allows you to share your map layers with others and clear your saved layer settings.
- Clear Saved Settings: Click to
clear user settings and return to the
default basemap, layers, and SitStat
Monitor settings. See How do I clear user
- Export Layers: Click to export
data. See Layer Export Tool for additional information.
- Info: Access an overview of the Layers Menu and description of
common layers and basemaps.
Clicking on the Gear icon again will hide these icons.
Click on the down chevron symbol to the right of the layer to access the Details icon to configure that layer for your own local use.
- Zoom to Extent: Zoom to the
location of the layer.
- Display Text: Displays the
layer name. This can be edited for
your view only and will persist in this
browser until saved settings are
- Layer Source: Displays the URL
for the layer. Copying this
into a browser can be helpful to view the
metadata and learn more about the
- Layer Opacity: Set the
opacity of the layer using the
- Keep in all workplaces: Check this
box to make this layer available in all
Clicking the Gear icon in here in Layer Details provides additional tools.
- Animation Settings: Click to open
open this tab. Provides control over
parameters for animating two or more
selected sublayers. This works best
with layers with multiple sublayers in
- Start on: Select the sublayer you
want to start the animation.
- End on: Select the sublayer you
want to end the animation.
- Frames/sec: Make a selection to
adjust the animation speed.
- Play Animation: Click to start the
animation (loop). Note: Be
patient. Some layers have a lot of data to
cache to your device and time to
- Remove Layer: Click in the Trash can icon to access Remove Layer. This Removes
this layer from your
current session. If the
layer comes from a server
configuration, it will be
added when you refresh the