Many users can create GIS Layers and host them on their own
ArcGIS Online Organization account. This
gives them the ability to create custom layers based on a variety workflows.
- Direct control of layer creation and design
- The ability to use layers within AGOL
- Ability to benefit from ArcGIS Pro tools
- Requires experience with ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS
- May use ArcGIS Online credits increasing user
- Things to consider include
- If you are publishing for eventual use in Survey123, only publish one layer or feature class
- If you require complex symbology it is best to publish the services to Intterra directly.
These set of procedures requires experience. Refer to the ArcGIS Pro
Create or load the desired layers in an ArcGIS Pro
that you would like to publish to your ArcGIS Online account.
In this example we
will use a set of user created layers intended for mapping features for a Post
Select Share>Web Layers to open dialog to
Editing needs to be enabled for the feature
Publish Service to your account
Now the service
is published to an AGOL account