New Intterra users can be invited to set up a password in two different ways:
- A System Administrator adds one or more new users, and the
system automatically sends each new user an email invitation to
set up a password.
- A System Administrator can send or post a URL (or bit.ly or QR Code
generated for that URL) to sign up multiple new users.
These are automatically designated in Intterra as temporary
users so that the Admin can easily find (and update or delete) them in
the user list.
Users are sent a verification email to confirm their account, and then set up their own password.
- Must be a new password.
- Must be at least six characters total.
- Must include at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, and
If a user experiences trouble with their user account and password setup, follow these guidelines:
- If you have trouble getting your password set up because you
cannot find the account verification email, try this:
- Look in your email's Spam folder and, if you use Gmail,
look in the Promotions folders. (If you aren't sure how to
do this, search for "how to find spam folder" in your favorite web
browser; you may want to add "in Outlook" or "in Gmail," or
whatever email program you use.)
- Search for an email from "Intterra Communications" or just
"Intterra." The subject line should be "New Intterra account
- Ask a colleague or a technical person in your office to assist
you, if needed.
- To avoid future cases of Intterra email landing in your Spam or
Promotions folders, right-click on the email and send it to your
primary inbox folder.
- A user has five attempts to log in using the password they set for
their account before a 15-minute timeout is invoked. If
you have a verified account with a password and you have
trouble logging in, you have three options:
- Set a new password:
- Select the account recovery link that is right below the
blue SIGN IN button on the login page at portal.intterragroup.com.
- Type in your username or email and press Reset.
- Look for the account verification email sent to you. If you
don't see it right away, check your Spam folder and Promotions folder,
if you have one. (Advice on that situation is provided above.)
- Open the email and select the blue Recover Account button.
- Type a new password (refer to the password requirements, above).
- Login using your new password.
- Unlock User. The is no change to the password or
notification to the user. This is option is helpful for users who
don't have access to email and know their password.
- Reset Password.
This is the same as the user clicking on recover
account on the login page. They will receive an email with
a link to recover their account. They will need to click on Recover
Account and select a new password.