New Intterra users can be invited to set up a password in two different ways:
- A System Administrator adds one or more new users, and the system automatically sends each new user an email invitation to set up a password.
- A System Administrator can send or post a URL (or bit.ly or QR Code generated for that URL) to sign up multiple new users. These are automatically designated in Intterra as temporary users so that the Admin can easily find (and update or delete) them in the user list.
Users are sent a verification email to confirm their account, and then set up their own password.
- Must be a new password.
- Must be at least six characters total.
- Must include at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, and one number.
A user has five attempts to log in using the password they set for their account before a 15-minute timeout is invoked.
As an additional security factor, Administrators do not have access to reset a user's password. If a user experiences trouble with their user account and password setup, follow these guidelines:
If you have trouble getting your password set up because you cannot find the account verification email, try this:
- Look in your email's Spam folder and, if you use Gmail, look in the Promotions folders. (If you aren't sure how to do this, search for "how to find
spam folder" in your favorite web browser; you may want to add "in
Outlook" or "in Gmail," or whatever email program you use.)
- Search for an email from "Intterra Communications" or just
"Intterra." The subject line should be "New Intterra account created."
- Ask a colleague or a technical person in your office to assist you, if needed.
- To avoid future cases of Intterra email landing in your Spam or
Promotions folders, right-click on the email and send it to your primary
If you have a verified account with a password and you have trouble logging in, you have two options:
1. Set a new password:
- Select the account recovery link that is right below the blue SIGN IN button on the login page at portal.intterragroup.com.
- Type your new password (refer to the password requirements, above).
- Look for the account verification email sent to you. If you
don't see it right away, check your Spam folder and Promotions folder, if
you have one. (Advice on that situation is provided above.)
- Open the email and select the blue Recover Account button.
- Login using your new password.
2. Wait 15 minutes after being locked out of your account. Your access will be reset and you can try the password you have again.